Football quiz: match the Premier League club to their goalscorers
If you can identify the 10 clubs below based on the flags of their goalscorers this season, you have our permission to add a geography GCSE to your CV. Feel free to award yourself an A*READ MORE...
The Joy of Six: blessings in disguise
From Fontaine’s goal glut to Balotelli’s birdbrained dismissal, half a dozen pieces of bad luck that were actually good luckREAD MORE...
'We didn't know how rare it was': Rutgers' unbeaten run to the 1976 Final Four
For one improbable winter Rutgers – yes, Rutgers – looked like they could conquer all before them
The damage of the international games: what to look out for in MLS
The league needs to address problems caused by international friendlies, while the hard work starts for New York City FC
Lewis Hamilton left frustrated after day of engine problems in Sepang
• Hamilton still sets fastest time in afternoon after morning struggles
• Kimi Raikkonen highlights growing strength of Ferrari’s challenge
International football: what to look out for this weekend
Martin O’Neill needs to find the right balance in midfield, Kieran Gibbs should start for England and Gareth Bale can shake off his clásico disappointmentREAD MORE...
NFL free-agency grades: Seahawks, Packers, Eagles at head of NFC class
Green Bay resisted change, Philadelphia embraced it – and then some! – while the two-time defending conference champions did a little of both
Football transfer rumours: Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United for £80m?
Today’s fluff is still impressed that people actually queued to meet him (and they got nervous too!)READ MORE...
Wrestling is scripted, but WrestleMania headliner Brock Lesnar is a true athlete
He’s won an NCAA wrestling title, a UFC championship and impressed in NFL training camp, but so why doesn’t Brock Lesnar get more credit as an sportsman?
Media bows to Steve Smith, Australia’s Cricket World Cup hero again
Writer hails ‘the best batsman on the planet’ ahead of mouthwatering clash of the co-hosts in Sunday’s finalREAD MORE...
Salford Red Devils sink Widnes Vikings to sit fourth in Super League table
• Salford Red Devils 36-8 Widnes Vikings
• Owner Marwan Koukash starting to see rewards
• More rugby league news
Wayne Rooney chases England records but Harry Kane is kept waiting
• Roy Hodgson ‘delighted’ to see Wayne Rooney back in United forward role
• Harry Kane set to start on bench as Daniel Sturridge scan shows muscle tear
• Rooney boxes clever to stay ahead of England forward game
• Lithuania’s Simonas Stankevicius: ‘England don’t have our team spirit’
Wayne Rooney boxes clever to stay ahead of England forward game
Before the Euro 2016 qualifier against Lithuania and the friendly in Italy, the captain says he is delighted with ‘the strongest group of strikers’ being available – but it means he is working harder to keep his place in the starting XI
• Rooney chases England records but Kane is kept waiting
Joe Allen positive Wales can further European dream with result in Israel
Welsh fans have to go back to 1958 for their last appearance in the final stages of a major tournament, but a result in Haifa would be a huge boost to their chances of qualifying for Euro 2016
• Wales rally to Gareth Bale’s cause as they prepare for Israel game
Theo Walcott faces defining period in England career, says Roy Hodgson
• England manager says forward needs regular football with Arsenal
• Walcott dismisses reports of new contract talks and bust-ups as ‘nonsense’
• Arséne Wenger fears prolonged contract negotiations with Walcott
France v Brazil – as it happened
An impressive Brazil recovered from going a goal down to defeat France 3-1 on their own home turf – with Oscar, Neymar and Luiz Gustavo doing the damageREAD MORE...
Aljaz Bedene to appeal against Davis Cup rule after getting British passport
• Slovenian-born player has lived in the UK since 2008
• Current rules prevent players from representing more than one country
• Evans objects to Aljaz Bedene’s bid to play Davis Cup for GB
Premier League living wage pledge must go further, says campaign leader
• Rhys Moore welcomes move but says it should cover all contracted staff
• Chelsea living wage commitment ‘goes so much further than this’
• Premier League promises to share £1bn of TV deal with English football
Former St Louis Cardinal Curt Ford punched and told 'go back to Ferguson'
- Ford also the subject of racist slur during incident
- The former player says ‘I’ve had enough of St Louis’