Football clockwatch: Premier League updates and latest news – live!
- Live scoreboard! Follow all today’s goals and games at our match centre
- And email email@example.com or tweet @ianmccourt
The Agenda: roll up for those precious Rugby World Cup tickets
Tennis stars cannot complain about burnout while Rory McIlroy prepares for the shoo-in that is Sports Personality of the YearREAD MORE...
Henrik Stenson and Rafa Cabrera-Bello share three-stroke lead in Dubai
• Consecutive double bogeys huge blow to Rory McIlroy
• Justin Rose moves to third in DP World Tour Championship
Ireland v Australia – live!
- Live minute-by-minute updates from the 4.30pm GMT kick-off in Dublin
- Brendan Fanning: Ireland and Schmidt bid to teach Wallabies a lesson
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @DanLucas86
Bernie Ecclestone apologises for calling struggling F1 teams ‘beggars’
• F1 chief executive met with Force India, Lotus and Sauber
• Lotus owner: ‘We brought it up and there was a retraction’
Nico Rosberg takes pole for Abu Dhabi GP ahead of Lewis Hamilton in second
• Mercedes one-two on front of grid for season-finale race
• Valtteri Bottas edged into third place by minute margin
• Bernie Ecclestone sorry for calling strugglers ‘beggars’
Sunshine in Sri Lanka could answer England’s World Cup questions
A positive start to England’s ODI tour of Sri Lanka has raised new possibilities for their World Cup squad but they will need time in the field to best consider their options
• England defeat Sri Lanka A in tour opener
• Sri Lanka win 2014 ODI series 3-2 in England
• India defeat Sri Lanka 5-0 in ODI series
Ned Zelic lights up Twitter with idiosyncratic A-League commentary
The former Socceroo gave a virtuoso performance in the commentary box during Saturday night’s game between Melbourne City and Sydney FC, introducing unexpected references to vineyards, rainbows and mountain lion cubsREAD MORE...
England women’s long, historic journey to meet Germany at Wembley
Women’s football has a rich tradition and heritage in Britain but its story, one that informs the modern game, is long neglected
• Huge demand for tickets for England v Germany
• Women’s football: share your pictures and stories
• England coach hopes team can feed off Wembley crowd
FAI accused of manhandling fans protesting about ticketing controversy
• Fans complain about ‘intimidation and manhandling’
• ‘There were people pushed over and threats made’
• Loyal fans denied tickets to Scotland v Ireland game
The gifs that keep on giving: Sergio Agüero, banners and back headers
Featuring the longest three-pointer in basketball history, Independiente’s teenage sensation and a nutmeg to savour
Talking Horses: the best bets from Saturday’s races
The first three home in last year’s Betfair Chase – Cue Card, Dynaste and Silviniaco Conti – renew their rivalry at HaydockREAD MORE...
Time for the FA to lead by example and insist on decent behaviour from all
It is bad enough for Dave Whelan to make discriminatory statements but worse when explaining Wigan’s appointment of a manager himself being investigated for racismREAD MORE...
Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling on growing up, wising up and learning to shut off
Still to turn 20, the Liverpool forward has become a key player for club and country – and survived his first taste of controversy
• Sterling good enough to play for Barcelona, says Xavi
Everton’s Martínez challenges Ross Barkley return to England Under-21s
• Roberto Martínez says of Roy Hodgson idea: ‘I don’t see point’
• Manager says it would not help player to leave senior squad
• Gareth Southgate can call on seniors for England Under-21s
Arsenal’s Arsène Wenger unhappy with Chile’s use of Alexis Sánchez
• Forward played 85 and 90 minutes of two friendly games
• Sánchez only reported back to Arsenal on Friday morning
• Arsenal v United: who is more unstable in defence?
• Match preview: who will start at the Emirates?
Danny Welbeck warned his future at Arsenal could be on the left wing
• Olivier Giroud’s return presents Arsène Wenger with dilemma
• Arsenal manager believes Welbeck would do well on left flank
• Who is most fragile at the back: Arsenal or United?
Roberto Martínez happy despite Everton’s slow start to the season
Everton are 10th in the Premier League after nearly a third of the season but their manager insists he is ‘happy with where we are’READ MORE...
Louis van Gaal knew Radamel Falcao injury fears when he sold Welbeck
• Manchester United manager defends sale of Welbeck
• Van Gaal insists United believe in young players
• Gary Neville on Welbeck sale
Mauricio Pochettino admits he must make Tottenham players improve
• Manager under scrutiny with Spurs in 12th place
• Southampton head of recruitment set to arrive
• Is it the end for Baldini?