County cricket – live!
• Glamorgan v Surrey; Sussex v Worcestershire; Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire
David Moyes at Manchester United, one year on: was it as bad as we thought?
On Wednesday it is one year since David Moyes was sacked by Manchester United and, though he played a part in keeping Wayne Rooney at the club, even with hindsight it is clear he was the wrong man at the wrong time
• David Moyes appointed Manchester United manager - as it happened
• A very brutal and modern sacking
Dark clouds gather over Russia’s 2018 World Cup preparations
Fifa is ‘proud’ that the World Cup will be hosted by Russia but, with three years to go, cracks are emerging as the country faces an economic, political and PR fight
• Fifa’s Sepp Blatter says 2018 World Cup in Russia will stabilise region
• Nothing can stop Russia from hosting World Cup
Manchester City’s Yaya Touré open to ‘new challenges’ at end of season
• Midfielder says ‘money is not the key’ but could still stay in England
• ‘PSG is a great club who, I think, is not finished growing’
• Pellegrini refuses to blame Yaya Touré for slump despite his poor form
James Anderson and how to gauge greatness
Anderson’s record-breaking wicket against West Indies reopened the debate as to where he ranks among England’s best and the methods used to reach an answerREAD MORE...
Manchester United in pole position to sign Memphis Depay from PSV
• Liverpool could lose out in race for £25m PSV Eindhoven winger
• Louis van Gaal picked player for World Cup squad
• De Bruyne still open to Manchester City move, says agent
Talking Horses: Tuesday’s best bets plus all the latest racing news
Taexali is the favourite for the opening maiden for juveniles at Brighton and could prove the exception to the rule that few horses travel across from Ireland for this sort of early-season race
• Tuesday’s best horse racing tips
Wolfsburg’s Kevin De Bruyne still open to Manchester City move, says agent
• Belgium midfielder is also wanted by Bayern Munich and PSG
• ‘I have met the people from Manchester City and we know each other’
• Liverpool set for Memphis Depay duel with Manchester United
Reality cheque for rugby’s southern hemisphere as exodus takes hold
Rugby union’s landscape is changing and, with the lure of the euro and the yen, Australia and New Zealand are facing a fight to keep hold of their players
• World Cup winner Ali Williams warns over southern hemisphere exodus
• Leicester sign Australia international wing Peter Betham from Waratahs
The best goals of the week: Ribéry, Martins, Beattie and Rodríguez
Featuring a scissor kick from Wales, a team move by Real Madrid, two goals from Sebastian Giovinco in MLS and one from Franck Ribéry’s younger brotherREAD MORE...
Karim Benzema out of Real Madrid Champions League return with Atlético
• Tests reveal striker has sprained knee ligament
• Bale doubtful and Modric out for six weeks
• Modric targets Champions League final for comeback
West Ham’s long and winding road to the Olympic Stadium
• The Olympic Stadium’s legacy has been fought over for years and, after recent developments, the battle may continue
• West Ham face compensation risk over state aid for Olympic Stadium refit
• Question of state aid still lingers over West Ham’s luxurious new home
Stefan Effenberg: Bayern Munich can’t give Pep Guardiola too much power
• Former midfielder believes club doctor’s departure ‘could be dangerous’
• Effenberg: it must have been pretty serious thing for him to stop working
• Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt quits after argument
Manchester United’s Juan Mata congratulates Chelsea for ‘title they are about to win’
• Spain midfielder writes message to Blues fans on personal blog
• Mata confident that United are heading in the right direction
Football transfer rumours: Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to Juventus?
Today’s tattle is wondering if Tim Sherwood really is going to get a one-off custom-made FA Cup final gilet for Aston Villa’s big day in MayREAD MORE...
Real Madrid’s Luka Modric targets Champions League final for comeback
• Croatian midfielder is sidelined with a knee injury
• ‘I have to pull myself together and start working on my recovery’
• Bale set to miss Champions League tie with Atlético Madrid
A-League tactics: Sydney opens old wounds against Newcastle
Sydney’s 4-3 win against Newcastle exposed the same weaknesses in the Jets defence they had exploited in the corresponding fixture six weeks previousREAD MORE...
NRL: five things we learned from round seven
Manly’s basket case season continues; Storm show their colours; Raiders stick to an age-old formula; the Sharks swim again; and Newcastle exploit the flanksREAD MORE...
Robin van Persie returns from injury for Manchester United’s Under-21s
• Leicester City Under-21s 1-1 Manchester United Under-21s
• Dutch striker plays for 62 minutes and sets up equaliser