Soldiering on: the sentimental star of South Korea's Asian Cup heroics
Plying his trade in the lower leagues, Lee Jeong-hyeop could prove key to Korea’s Asian Cup final hopesREAD MORE...
Sepp Blatter still odds-on Fifa favourite despite plan to oust him
Nominations for the next president have closed but there is no guarantee that the multi-ball campaign will get rid of the 78-year-old incumbentREAD MORE...
Laura Robson lowers her sights as she announces Surprise comeback
• Former British No1 to return in ITF $25,000 event next month
• Robson has been sidelined for a year with a wrist problem
• Katie Swan makes semi-finals of girls’ singles in Australia
• Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova to meet in final
Everton’s Roberto Martínez not seeking more striking or creative options
• Manager will trust Arouna Koné to replace Samuel Eto’o
• Kevin Mirallas penalty argument ‘dealt with internally’
• Everton feel the heat after Mirallas penalty miss
Newcastle and West Ham club together to fly players home from Africa
• Sides want Cheikhou Kouyaté and Papiss Cissé for weekend
• Communication difficulties after Senegal are knocked out
Liverpool join transfer window scramble for Burnley’s Danny Ings
• Striker could be sold and then loaned back to Turf Moor
• Tottenham and Real Sociedad also interested in a deal
Stuart Lancaster has to trust Danny Cipriani after six years in wilderness
A colourful career is back on track and England’s troubled fly-half could finally win his shot at redemption in the Six Nations
• Stuart Lancaster says England have learned lessons
Chelsea v Manchester City: big in England but does anyone else care?
From national groups in India to good social media presence in Brazil, Chelsea and Manchester City are slowly catching up with when it comes to global appealREAD MORE...
Pete Carroll says new signals will help counteract Patriots' schemes
- New England have used ineligible receivers to great effect
- Tactics have frustrated opposition teams
Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge says he is mentally stronger after absence
• ‘I am feeling very, very good,’ says Sturridge after five months out
• Striker expected to play some part against West Ham on Saturday
• Balotelli will leave Liverpool for €60-70m or ‘die there’, says agent
Arsène Wenger warns Alexis Sánchez is uncertain to face Aston Villa
• A fitness test on Sánchez’s hamstring set for Saturday
• New signing Gabriel will be available by the weekend
• Gabriel Paulista completes move to Arsenal
Tom Brady dismisses fears illness will dent Patriots' Super Bowl hopes
- Pats QB and Danny Amendola have colds
- Says he hopes Peyton Manning holds off retirement
Transfer news: Chelsea prepared to meet Cuadrado clause – as it happened
Juan Cuadrado’s switch to Chelsea moved a little closer, Roberto Mancini wants to take Yaya Touré to Inter and Mario Balotelli is staying at LiverpoolREAD MORE...
Horse racing tips: Friday 30 January
The Jonjo O’Neill-trained Bandit Country at Chepstow rates the best bet of the dayREAD MORE...
A thick slice of Trowbridge-visiting porkinessREAD MORE...
Just what was it Kim Sears was saying during Andy Murray’s match with Tomas Berdych?
• Australian Open rant appears to have lot of words beginning with ‘f’
• Murray defends Sears over outburst
• Comes in wake of Wawrinka row with Mirka Federer at O2 Arena
• Andy Murray storms into Australian Open final by beating Tomas Berdych
Guinea through, Mali out of Africa Cup of Nations after drawing of lots
- Mali’s tournament is over after Guinea win the drawing of lots
- Guinean minister: ‘We’re lucky … but we can go all the way’
- Jonathan Wilson: Ivory Coast tale of two Tourés is far from pretty
Chelsea close on £23.3m Juan Cuadrado as Mohamed Salah makes way
• Deal worth £26.8m with add-ons to satisfy release clause
• Fiorentina likely to take Salah on loan
• Wolfsburg offer £22m for Andre Schürrle
• Tranfer window - live
Andy Murray defends Kim Sears for swearing outburst at Australian Open
• Sears appeared to mouth abuse about fiance’s opponent Tomas Berdych
• ‘When there’s a lot of tension, it’s completely normal,’ says Murray
• Just what was Sears saying during her outburst?
• Report: Murray beats Berdych 6-7, 6-0, 6-3, 7-5 to reach final
Andy Sullivan masters Rory McIlroy as dream run continues in Desert Classic
• Nuneaton golfer upstages world No1 in opening round three-ball
• Lee Westwood excited about season ahead after fine start
• Ken Nagle, former Open champion, dies aged 94