NRL: five things to look out for in round 26
Manly pray for finals respite; Robbie Farah’s uncertain future; Souths in a pitiful position; fight for Panthers pride; and is relegation a worth concept for consideration?READ MORE...
US Open: shaky Murray reveals illness weighed on him in second round epic
Andy Murray’s US Open hopes may hang in the balance if illness continues to hinder the Brit’s normal swaggering consistencyREAD MORE...
AFL: five things to look out for in round 23
North Melbourne’s reserves set to get better acquainted; Geelong prepare to say farewell to their vets; Bulldogs opt for pragmatism; Port meet Freo and moreREAD MORE...
Bernard Tomic v Lleyton Hewitt: US Open second round – as it happened
- Tomic prevails in 5-set US Open epic and moves into 3rd Round
- Hewitt farewells Flushing Meadows with another marathon
Andy Murray: Adrian Mannarino made me run for US Open comeback win
• ‘He has fantastic timing off both sides and very short backswings,’ says Scot
• Johanna Konta thought she might collapse in win over Garbiñe Muguruza
Eoin Morgan: Australia the best and England are still a long way off
• England captain says defeat in first ODI part of learning curve
• Jason Roy and Adil Rashid praised for performances by Morgan
Andy Murray recovers to beat Adrian Mannarino in US Open
• Briton wins 5-7, 4-6, 6-1, 6-3, 6-1
• Murray will face Thomaz Bellucci in the third round
Huddersfield beat Castleford to close on Super League semi-finals
• Huddersfield Giants 40-26 Castleford Tigers
• Jermaine McGillvary scores two tries to stake England claim
Racist abuse on rise in football as Lord Ouseley hits out at David Cameron
• Reports of racist and discriminatory language up 21%
• Kick It Out also receives 38% increase in complaints
Gordon Strachan: Scots take satisfaction at being in Euro 2016 running
• Scotland are out to exorcise ghosts of Georgia past in qualifier
• Scott Brown: People are always looking for a banana skin. We must avoid it
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: I’ve played through pain for the last two years
• England wideman set to win his 21st cap against San Marino
• Arsenal midfielder believes injuries have taken their toll
Harry Kane laughs off one-season wonder tag after Alan Shearer pep talk
The striker is unconcerned by his lack of goals for Tottenham this season and talk of tiredness as he focuses on England and San Marino’s porous defenceREAD MORE...
Michael O’Neill calls for hard work from Northern Ireland to make history
• Win over Faroe Islands on Friday would push O’Neill’s side closer to Euro 2016
• ‘Northern Ireland needs [qualification]. Simple as that. We want to deliver’
Australia’s Shane Watson finds old snarl to bully England in first ODI
• Australia 305-6; England 246
• Australia win by 59 runs
Adil Rashid shows Test potential by keeping Australia under control
Although England faltered in chasing 306, they would have faced a bigger target in the First One-Day International but for the efforts of the Yorkshire leg-spinnerREAD MORE...
Geoff Parling leaps into lineout row to defend England’s set piece
• Lock hits back at criticism following flop in France
• Stuart Lancaster’s men take on Ireland in final warm-up
George North handed Italian job as Wales make final World Cup tweaks
• Wing will play second game in eight days after fulfilling concussion protocols
• Northampton man suffered three head injuries in less than five months
Cyprus 0-1 Wales: Euro 2016 qualifier – as it happened
A superb late Gareth Bale header gave Wales a 1-0 win over Cyprus and put them within just three points of qualification for Euro 2016READ MORE...
England v Australia: first ODI – as it happened
England were let down by their middle order after Jason Roy, Alex Hales and James Taylor gave their side a decent platform only for Australia to win by 59 runsREAD MORE...