Sir Alex Ferguson: David Moyes’s Manchester United failure not my fault
• Former manager hits back at critics in updated book
• ‘Massive jump’ from Everton proved too big for Moyes
• Playing style was too slow, other mistakes were made
• Moyes burdened by stigma of his Old Trafford failure
• Rio Ferdinand: Moyes’s tactics at United were embarrassing’
Ecstasy and agony – Royals and Giants World Series' from the past
The San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals have been to the Fall Classic before - here’s a look back at six of their bestREAD MORE...
Turmoil as West Indies quit cricket tour over pay claim
Russian tennis official banned for ‘Williams brothers’ remarks; Ewen McKenzie quits Wallabies; Giants face Royals in World SeriesREAD MORE...
At this rate every Championship manager will have departed by Easter
The League Managers Association has called for action to end football’s short-term ‘hiring and firing’ culture in which careers are judged ‘simply on the last three weekends’ result’
• Gary Rowett on Birmingham shortlist after Lee Clark sacked
Stuart Lancaster can name this England squad with open mind, unlike next year
Autumn internationals will be key to gaining Rugby World Cup momentum, but injuries mean this is not a dress rehearsal
• Eddie Butler: Never underestimate the Wallabies
The new ICC’s first giant test: saving West Indies cricket from implosion
The West Indies Cricket Board is more concerned with appeasing India than repairing relations with its own players
• West Indies Test future in doubt as crisis grows
• Clive Lloyd: withdrawal from India tour is a mistake
New York Cosmos: a soccer franchise from the past looking to the future
The team, best known for the star-studded lineup of the past, are for the moment stuck outside the MLS – but are building an impressive roster nonethelessREAD MORE...
Adam Jones and James Hook omitted by Wales for autumn internationals
• No place for 100-cap prop in 34-man squad
• Hook also overlooked with Biggar and Priestland selected
• Adam Jones: It’s a big year for me. I want to play at World Cup
• Warburton expects some Wales players to return from France
Marouane Fellaini rewards Louis van Gaal’s faith at Manchester United
Marouane Fellaini has suffered vilification as the playing personification of David Moyes’s doomed failure but Louis van Gaal has given the Belgian renewed confidence at Old Trafford
• Van Gaal: Manchester United can still catch Chelsea
• Match report: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United
Fifa’s third-party ownership ban: is it good or bad news for Brazil?
Neymar’s case highlighted the issue but while clubs miss out on receiving large amounts of the transfer fee, outside investment at least meant they could afford the players in the first place
• How Neymar’s transfer brought down Sandro Rosell
Oscar Pistorius cannot compete until 2019, IPC confirms
• Oscar Pistorius sentenced to five years in prison
• Pistorius will miss Rio Paralympics in 2016
Talking Horses: best bets for Tuesday’s racing plus our competition
Gary Moore is weighing up whether to give Sire De Grugy a prep run before his runner’s highly anticipated clash with Sprinter Sacre in the Tingle Creek ChaseREAD MORE...
Government to unveil ‘expert group’ to promote supporter-owned clubsREAD MORE...
Sam Warburton expects some Wales team-mates in France to return home
• Warburton cites medical treatment and fixture list as key
• Roberts and Lydiate linked with a surprise return to Wales
• Roberts: the press seem to know more about me than I do
Liverpool v Real Madrid will do well to match the outlandish events of 2009
Peculiar cameos and a breathtaking Iker Casillas display added a bizarre slant to a Champions League result that pointed to a false future for both clubsREAD MORE...
India suspend all tours with West Indies and will take legal action
• BCCI responds to West Indies’ ‘abrupt cancellation’
• Board also thanks Sri Lanka for stepping in
• West Indies Cricket Board confirms India tour is over
• West Indies’ withdrawal from India tour risks rift with BCCI
Football transfer rumours: QPR to ditch Rio Ferdinand already?
Today’s rumours didn’t even make it to the Big ShowREAD MORE...
Mathieu Flamini says Arsenal cannot use injuries as an excuse
• Emiliano Martínez set to start in goal for Gunners
• Arsenal already without Özil, Giroud and Debuchy
• Wenger wants a quick fix for Arsenal’s defensive problems
Manchester United can still catch Chelsea, says Van Gaal after draw
• Manager laments poor goals conceded at West Brom
• Alan Irvine predicts England future for Saido Berahino
West Brom red-faced over tweet before Marouane Fellaini’s United goal
• Belgian scores four minutes after comment on official feed
• Baggies apologise later on, but say no slur intended
• The best and most cringeworthy club Twitter accounts
• West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: match report