Tony Bellew makes point to Nathan Cleverly in mystifying split decision
• Scouser beats Welshman 116-112, 115-113, 114-115
• Majority view of spectators firmly in favour of Bellew
Saturday Sundae: Alan Pardew’s remarkable renaissance continues
Nicklas Bendtner is back in business in Germany, Burnley won again but there was a sad exit for Newcastle’s Ryan TaylorREAD MORE...
England 28-9 Samoa: how the players at Twickenham rated
George Ford gave England a spark at fly-half but Owen Farrell fared less well after his move to the centresREAD MORE...
George Groves stops ‘Momma’s Boy’ Denis Douglin to continue resurgence
• American, trained by his mother, stopped in seventh round
• ‘Overall I’d give myself five out of 10,’ Groves says
Jenson Button in possible Formula One swansong in Abu Dhabi
• McLaren driver could bow out in season’s final race
• Grand prix grid gets ready for change
Arsène Wenger calls players naive after Arsenal lose to Manchester United
• ‘We dominated … but defensively we were a bit naive’
• Arsenal manager also worried by Jack Wilshere injury
• Match report: Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United
• Barney Ronay: Welbeck misses chance to make Van Gaal pay
Said & Done: Dave Whelan’s red line; Qatar; and what makes Sven enchanted
Also featuring: a left-wing media witch-hunt, Marilyn Monroe, and a squad of bums and drunksREAD MORE...
England’s Stuart Lancaster relieved after emphatic win over Samoa
• Coach praises performance of fly-half George Ford
• England 28-9 Samoa: Match report
Harvard triumph over Yale to show heart of The Game is still beating strong
It doesn’t decide a national title and more of its players target banking, Nasa or special operations than a place in the NFL. But college football’s Ivy League battle remains an intoxicating spectacleREAD MORE...
Steven Gerrard eager to see Emre Can make his mark at Liverpool
The German is settling in at Anfield and enjoying playing alongside the captain as the club face Crystal Palace
• Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool • Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea
• Can suffers injury before season begins
Danny Welbeck misses chance to teach Van Gaal a lesson on wasteful night
The Arsenal forwards needed a rapier edge against Manchester United – instead they produced a breadstickREAD MORE...
Lack of diversity in top sports positions rules out huge pool of talent
• Sporting Equals report highlights crisis in boardrooms
• 14 black or ethnic minority members from 449 board positions
Roberto Di Matteo needs to justify big name status at Schalke
Former Chelsea manager, who won the Champions League with the club in 2012, is already under scrutiny in Germany
• Chelsea beat Bayern Munich on penalties
Liverpool are suffering in absence of Luis Suárez, their brilliant swine
Even a grudging Suárez gave absolutely everything on the pitch. As long as he had kept doing that, Liverpool would have been authentic title challengers
• How Crystal Palace blew Liverpool’s title tilt off course
• Raheem Sterling on growing up and wising up
England’s George Ford delightfully sharp in attempt to dispel the gloom
Bath No10 certainly took his opportunity to impress against Samoa but a rain-sodden night under Twickenham floodlights was not an occasion to render any findings definitiveREAD MORE...
Barcelona v Sevilla: La Liga – as it happened!
Lionel Messi became La Liga’s all-time top goalscorer with an impressive hat-trick against Sevilla
New Zealand and Richie McCaw produce old cunning to confound Wales
Just when Wales dreamed of causing a major shock in Cardiff, the All Blacks and their captain picked up the game by the scruff of the neck and unleashed a try-scoring onslaughtREAD MORE...